[lxc-users] Device mapping to unprivileged containers launched as root

Judd Meinders judd.meinders at rockwellcollins.com
Fri Apr 22 15:10:56 UTC 2016

Hello list,

I am a new subscriber so I apologize if this is a common question.  I have
been unable to effectively search the list archives.

My system has a collection of containers launched from root while assigning
unprivileged UID/GID combinations for the id_map.  This all works fine, and
I am using the autodev to populate generally necessary /dev nodes.

I am trying to find a way to make a character device (/dev/example)
available to be used by a container, but do not want to have to interact
from root after starting the container with lxc-device (which does work,
just not practical for my situation).

Is there a way to configure autodev to add another device I choose from the
container config?  I have read about the autodev hook and attempted to do
something with this, yet unsuccessfully.

--
Judd Meinders
Sr. Software Security Engineer
e. judd.meinders at rockwellcollins.com