[lxc-users] sysvinit with cgroup namespace

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Wed Apr 20 07:13:26 UTC 2016

Hi Serge,

On 04/06/16 17:18, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting KATOH Yasufumi (karma at jazz.email.ne.jp):
>>
>> Will we be able to start a container on sysvinit with cgroup namespace
>> in the future release?
>
> mkdir /sys/fs/cgroup
> mount -t cgroup -o none,name=systemd systemd /sys/fs/cgroup
>
> You could argue that this shouldn't be needed, but if you
> don't do it you won't be able to start any systemd-based
> containers, and I'd rather bail out early with a clear error
> and simple fix, rather than get cryptic reports about certain
> containers not working.

I tried, but it did not work:

# grep /sys/fs/cgroup /etc/fstab
systemd /sys/fs/cgroup cgroup none,name=systemd

# mount /sys/fs/cgroup

# lxc-start -P /data2/lxc -n lxc10 -F
lxc-start: cgfsng.c: all_controllers_found: 431 no systemd controller mountpoint found
lxc-start: start.c: lxc_spawn: 1079 failed initializing cgroup support
lxc-start: start.c: __lxc_start: 1329 failed to spawn 'lxc10'
lxc-start: lxc_start.c: main: 344 The container failed to start.
lxc-start: lxc_start.c: main: 348 Additional information can be obtained by setting the --logfile and --logpriority options.

???

Every helpful suggestion is highly appreciated
Harri