[lxc-users] LXC 2.0 has been released!

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Wed Apr 13 03:20:13 UTC 2016

Greetings, Stéphane Graber!

> It's with great pleasure that the LXC development team is announcing
> the release of LXC 2.0!

I've installed LXC 2.0 on my remote server today.
However, that ended in a disaster. Now, I can't start my containers at all.

lxc_cgfsng - cgfsng.c:all_controllers_found:431 - no systemd controller mountpoint found
lxc_start - start.c:lxc_spawn:1079 - failed initializing cgroup support
lxc_start - start.c:__lxc_start:1329 - failed to spawn 'dc1'
lxc_start_ui - lxc_start.c:main:344 - The container failed to start.

This is Ubuntu 12.04 system. LXC1 is from "Stable" PPA.

UPD:
Managed to wrest the system into submission creating the small task:

# cat /etc/init/lxc-cg-patch.conf
description "Mount missing systemd cgroup"

start on started cgroup-lite

task

expect stop

script
        test -d /sys/fs/cgroup || { stop; exit 0; }
        test -d /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd || mkdir /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd
        mount cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd -t cgroup -o none,name=systemd || { stop; exit 0; }
end script

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin