[lxc-users] lxc file push garbling existing file

Craig Tataryn craiger at tataryn.net
Wed Apr 6 14:55:08 UTC 2016

I've setup an automated deploy script that does the following:

* Uploads (via scp) a file to a host
* Executes (via ssh) the `lxc file push` command to a container on that host

Every once in a while the file that is pushed to the container winds up
being garbled somehow.  I've experienced this for both text and binary
files.  When I crack open the text file typically it appears that the last
line of the file duplicates some partial remnants of the previous file that
was overwritten.

My current work around is to issue an `lxc exec -- rm -f <existing file>`
before doing the push.

Before I go through a lot of trial-and-error I was wondering if anyone
knows if this is a known issue, or have otherwise experienced this for
themselves?

Versions:
LXC: 0.19
LXD: 0.19