[lxc-users] veth in unprivileged containers and proxy arp

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Apr 6 05:25:57 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 6:52 PM, Witold Filipczyk <gglater62 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 04:26:05PM +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 1:22 AM, Witold Filipczyk <gglater62 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > The problem is that after lxc-stop and lxc-start sometimes there are errors like this:
>> > lxc-start 20160403180712.290 ERROR    lxc_conf - conf.c:instantiate_veth:2677 - failed to create veth pair (vc1 and vethQJ3XAQ): File exists

>> There's a bug where old veth interface is not destroyed quickly-enough
>> when the container is shut down. This only becomes apparent when you
>> use static veth pair name. I haven't encountered this bug on 2.0.0-rc
>> though.

> Thanks.
>
> Other problem:
> reboot in container hangs.
> lxc-ls -f shows state RUNNING and IP -
> The only method for reboot is lxc-stop/lxc-start
> Is any solution for this?

What lxc version are you using? My best advice is "upgrade".

Last time I had that problem was:
- when the container doesn't handle sigpwr (e.g. centos container that
is NOT created using download template)
- when using some version of xenial container in the past (probably
due to a bug, which should be fixed now)

--
Fajar