[lxc-users] guest_nice missing in /proc/stat in lxcfs

Adam Flynn adam at wish.com
Sun Sep 27 23:36:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

/proc/stat in a container has 1 column fewer than on the host. It looks
like (since Linux 2.6.33), that column is guest_nice. Looking at
lxcfs.c:proc_stat_read(), it looks like guest_nice is never included.

Running top in a container fails with "top: failed /proc/stat read". I'm
guessing this is related to guest_nice missing.

Is there any clean solution to this or a fix in the pipeline? Looks like a
straight-forward fix, but I'm not sure if there are implications I'm
missing (especially on breaking pre-2.6.33 kernels).

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, kernel 3.13, and lxcfs 0.10.

Adam