[lxc-users] Eth0 not present on boot

Peter Steele pwsteele at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 01:24:38 UTC 2015

On 09/22/2015 08:08 AM, Guido Jäkel wrote:
> * Do you use  lxc.network.veth.pair  to name the hosts side of the veth?
Yes. I rename the veth interfaces to match the names of the containers.
> * Was the Container up and running "just before" and you (re)start it within less than 5min?

Yes. When the problem occurs, a reboot has just been issued on the
container (using the "reboot" command). When the container restarts, its
eth0 is missing. Another reboot and the eth0 interface reappears.
Curiously, it appears to happen much more frequently on some hardware
than it does on others.