[lxc-users] Eth0 not present on boot

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Sep 21 22:27:28 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 5:17 AM, Peter Steele <pwsteele at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/21/2015 01:20 PM, Peter Steele wrote:
>
>> On 09/21/2015 08:32 AM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
>>
>>> In these cases does /sys/class/net/eth0 exist?
>>>
>>> I'll try to reproduce the condition and check this...
>>
>> I just checked this. This directory does not exist. There is only an
> entry for lo.

I remembered something similar a while ago, in ubuntu precise host and
containers, with both lxc 1.0.x and lxc-1.x from ppa. At that time a
container's interface would mysteriously dissapear, including it's host
side veth pair. Only on one container though, others were fine.

Upgrading to lxc-1.x only didn't help. I ended up upgrading the host to
trusty and the kernel (currently running wily's 4.2). Haven't seen the
problem recently, but still not sure what caused the issue.

@Peter, are you still running centos7's stock kernel?

--
Fajar