[lxc-users] Containers have network issues when their host uses a bonded interface

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Sep 11 02:57:19 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 7:38 AM, Peter Steele <pwsteele at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe this link describes the exact problem I've been experiencing:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qemu-kvm/+bug/785668
>
> and although the original post targets KVM, later in the thread it moves to
> LXC.

If I read the bug report correctly, it's not moved to lxc. Rather, KVM
is not required to reproduce it, using lxc is enough to trigger the
bug. Using KVM will of course still trigger the bug as well.

> This is an old bug report and I'm surprised that this has not been
> addressed in recent kernels.

Probably because not many people use balance-rr. Mission-critical
setups would use 802.3ad (with suitable switches), while beginners
would mostly stick with active-backup.

Since the original bug report is quite old, and you're not using
ubuntu, I suggest you:
- try latest kernel, to make sure the bug still exists there (e.g.
using 4.2 from http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml)
- file a bug report to centos and/or linux kernel maintainers

--
Fajar