[lxc-users] lxc 1.1.3, fedora guest complains no enabled repos; stale /var/cache/lxc ?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Sep 9 09:08:09 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 12:43 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Short story: I had to update lxc-templates *and* nuke
> /var/cache/lxc/fedora before I could
> create fully-working fedora guests.

> $ sudo lxc-create -n fedora22 -t fedora  -- -R 22

So you use fedora template

> So maybe installing a new templates package should clear that cache...?

IIRC the long term strategy was to promote the download template.

The download template would automatically check whether a downloaded
cache is uptodate, and if it's old enough it would download a new one
(not "upgrading" it in-place, which could lead to problems, like
you've discovered). Aside from being faster to install (from end-user
perspective), it's also immnue to host-distro/package-manager
combination quirks (e.g. using yum from ubuntu is not ideal, which is
why the fedora template first download a live image and use chroot
enviroment from that)

Distro-specific templates should then primarily be used to populate
lxc image repository used by the download template.

--
Fajar