[lxc-users] Containers have network issues when their host uses a bonded interface

Peter Steele pwsteele at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 18:49:20 UTC 2015

We're having issues with networking connections in our containers when
the host is configured with bonded interfaces. When we configure these
same servers to run with VMs, everything works fine, but when we swap
out the VMs for equivalently configured containers, we get all kinds of
network connection failures between containers. The network issues go
away when we reduce the bond to have a single member. More specifically,
we configure our server with a host bridge (br0), where the host bridge
links to the host's bonded interface (bond0). We've been using this
model for years with VMs. Something isn't working quite right with
containers though.

Is there something we need to set in our containers' config files when
the host is setup with bonding?