[lxc-users] Enabling sys_nice in a privileged container

Peter Steele pwsteele at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 18:38:29 UTC 2015

On 09/07/2015 07:56 AM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> You shouldn't need to do anything other than make sure that
> sys_nice isn't in any lxc.cap.drop line.
>
> You can use 'capsh --print' to verify that you have the cap.
>
> Is this the config you passed to lxc-create, or the full final
> configuration?
This is the final configuration. My original version wasn't a lot
different, mainly the setting for the mac address:

lxc.network.hwaddr = 00:16:3e:16:ef:32

I wasn't aware of the capsh command and tried it on my containers and
sure enough cap_sys_nice is listed. So the real time scheduling issue is
apparently due to something else. I'll have to do some more tests.