[lxc-users] Determining a container's MAC address

Peter Steele pwsteele at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 15:59:28 UTC 2015

On 09/01/2015 08:36 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> If your conf file is missing lxc.network.hwaddr, it was either
> removed, or a container was not created using standard template. You
> can add it manually with any suitable value.

You are correct, I am not using a standard template. The command I am
using to create my containers is

lxc-create -t /bin/true -n <name> --dir=<custom-path>/rootfs

I populate the container manually with a custom template I've made based
on CentOS 7.1. The lxc-create command generates the expected config file
under /var/lib/lxc/<name> is created, but it's missing an entry for
lxc.network.hwaddr. I'll try creating a container with the stock CentOS
template and make sure there are no other missing entries in my config
that might be relevant.