[lxc-users] Adding a host block device to a container

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 1 14:25:17 UTC 2015

Quoting Peter Steele (pwsteele at gmail.com):
> On 08/31/2015 08:41 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> >Nope. lxc.cgroup allows you to create and access the block device,
> >but you still need to create the device node yourself.
> Fair enough. Then I guess I'll use mknod...

FWIW there is a lxc-device command that will do the mknod for you,
but it won't be persistent (iirc).  Support for making that
persistent would be welcome.  I think that would come in three small
pieces:

. have src/lxc/lxc_device optionally save the container configuration
  when done.
. have do_add_remove_node() manipulate a new list of devices to be
  created at container start.
. have src/lxc/conf.c:fill_autodev create devices which are in the new
  list