[lxc-users] Setting lxc.network.veth.pair

Syraxes syraxes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 11:49:44 UTC 2015

On Monday, August 31, 2015, Peter Steele <pwsteele at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/30/2015 03:10 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
>>
>> I played with this a while back and found that you are severely limited
for the name length. Using the container name for that is, sooner or later,
going to overflow that limit and possibly generated an error on container
startup. I think it's a kernel limit and not configurable or negotiable,
but that was a couple of years ago and may have changed. YMMV

> Our container names are fixed length of the form vm-NN, so I don't think
we'd run into a length issue. In fact, what I'd like to use would be
shorter than what is generated by lxc. I cleared out a setting in
default.conf and then my custom setting for veth.pair worked as I wanted. I
decided to go with vm-NN to match the container name.

Hi,

Setting the name of the veth should work. There is a length limit to 15 or
16.

Maybe the problem is with the "-" character? Did you try to set it to
something like "vm20eth0" without the "minus" character ?

--
adrian