[lxc-users] Preparing for LXC 1.0.8

Thomas Müller muellerthomas977 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 10:14:22 UTC 2015

I'm happy to help track this down. Like I wrote on the other thread, since
1.1 does not exhibit this bug, it seems like LXC is doing something
differently in the 1.1 branch - this could be a workaround or an actual bug
fix.

Given that the 1.1 branch has another bug related to overlayfs (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1480411), could it be
that whatever was changed fixes the first issue (failed to whiteout), but
introduces the second issue (operation not permitted)?

Since you are more familiar with the code-base, do you think there might be
a connection between these two that's worth investigating?

Best,
Thomas