[lxc-users] LXD No Longer Starting After 15.10 Upgrade

B G bg85305 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 15:54:45 UTC 2015

Hi there,

I have been auditing LXD for a week or so for an upcoming development
project and have put a reasonable amount of time into one of the containers
containing Neo4j and a number graph processing algorithms.

After upgrading to 15.10 I can no longer start my containers.  I have tried
purging the repositories and re-installing and even attempted to install
the daily build as my suspicion is that it is a version mismatch somewhere
during the upgrade.

When i try and start a container it fails with:

[image: Inline image 1]

When I open up the log here is the result:

[image: Inline image 2]

One other related thing is that I had previously attempted to create a
privliged container and mount a host directory to avoid the user mapping...

$ lxc config profile create privileged

Profile privileged created

$ lxc config profile set privileged security.privileged true
$ lxc launch lxc:ubuntu/vivid/amd64 spark

Creating container...done
Starting container...done

I have since deleted this profile... and it didn't seem to correctly mount
the directory anyway.

Any help would be appreciated as I would prefer not to rebuild this machine
and have a limited time to make the technology choice.

Thank you.