[lxc-users] Container doesn't connect to bridge

Joshua Schaeffer jschaeffer0922 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:26:18 UTC 2015

I already have networking setup in the container:

root at thinkweb:/# cat /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
 address 192.168.54.110
 netmask 255.255.255.128
 gateway 192.168.54.1

When I add lxc.network.ipv4.gateway to the config it now works. Why would
adding the gateway to the config work, but not in interfaces. I've never
needed to add the gateway to the config before.