[lxc-users] Containers start without networking

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Oct 22 06:25:45 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Joris Michaux <
joris.michaux at france-pari.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just upgraded it, and no change... I'm a little bit lost... Here
> some informations :
>
> #HOST
> root at myhost:~# dpkg -l lxc*
> ii  lxc                     1:1.0.6-6        amd64            Linux
> Containers userspace tools

That's not much to work on.

- what host and container distro/version are you using?
- how did you create the container?
- what does the container boot console messages (i.e what does "lxc-start
-F" show) look like? Does it say anything about maintenance mode? Does it
say anything about service or networking failure?

FWIW, if you upgrade your host to debian jessie, you could follow my howto:
http://debian-lxc.github.io/
Tested working debian jessie host, running debian jessie privileged and
unprivileged containers, with the choice to use either systemd or sysvinit
in both the host and container.

Privileged container is pretty starightforward.
Unprivileged container with sysvinit inside the container requires
additional settings.
Unprivileged container with systemd inside the container is the trickiest,
as it requires replacing the container's systemd. However it IS possible.

--
Fajar