[lxc-users] Container starts on incorrect runlevel

Davide Baldini baldiniebaldini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 10:29:12 UTC 2015

Thanks Fajar,

it turned out to be simpler: the guest OS was simply missing e2fsprogs, thus
sysvinit couldn't switch from runlevel "S" into 2 because of a blocking warning
message about failed disk check, indicating the culprit was a /etc/rcS.d/
script. That's what got me believe the container was preset to start in "S". I
wasn't aware that "S" scripts are executed even when starting in 2. After
installing e2fsprogs, the guest successfully switches to 2.

-- Davide