[lxc-users] Status: Debian Jessie support for unprivileged containers?

Christian Benke benkokakao at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 17:32:52 UTC 2015

On 14 October 2015 at 17:46, Xavier Gendre <gendre.reivax at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you have to do such things, i think that you try to apply my tutorial in
> a Debian host. It will work but, as you notice, you will have to tweak
> cgroup by hand. On my side, i create the Jessie image in a VM with Ubuntu
> (because there is not such problems with cgroups)

Same thing here, created an initial template on my workstation and
copied it to the host. But a template created on my Debian Jessie host
works just fine too, the cgroup issue only affects lxc-start.

> and i use this image in my
> Jessie host (where i tweak my cgroups through a custom systemd service in
> order to give ownerships to the unprivileged users).

Could you maybe also share that custom systemd service configuration?
Then I can continue to sit on my lazy butt and don't have to reinvent
the wheel :-) No, I'm just really busy with a migration right now and
it would be a great help to get this out of the way quickly! I'm not
really up to speed with systemd yet... :-\

>> - "lxc-attach -n $jessiecontainer" does not set the full
>> $PATH-environment-variable which is quite inconvenient when
>> unexpected

> When i attach to my unprivileged Jessie container, PATH is properly set. I
> don't remind me if i did something specific for that...

Yeah, weird. Everything from /etc/login.defs:ENV_SUPATH is missing.
But only happens on lxc-attach, when logging in with ssh the
environment is fine. But this is not my top-priority atm, will look
into it later.

Regards,
Christian