[lxc-users] LXC 1.1.3 update blocks container startup.

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Tue Oct 13 19:42:09 UTC 2015

Greetings, Serge Hallyn!

>> > Ok let me know if that fixes it.  If not I'll try to reproduce tomorrow.
>>
>> I did not manage to pinpoint any discrepancies. It did reinstall some
>> packages after removing the backports repos, but they were largely irrelevant,
>> like, apache/php.
>> There's some upstream backports pulled through Samba4 (namely LSB subsystem),
>> but the same packages are pulled on prototype system, and it works just fine.

As an attempt to sort this issue, I've tried to look into differences between
installed Apparmor profiles on different systems I have LXC installed on.
The diff is at http://pastebin.com/V28PEPBF
d1 is a local server with 1.1.4, td is a remote problematic server with 1.1.2.
The difference seems minimal and should not affect LXC.

I'm trying to upgrade to 1.1.4 right now.
I don't know what would be the best possible outcome of this operation. >.<
Part of me want to find the root cause of the problem, screaming that it may
affect other people, other part want to put it behind already and get back to
work on more imperative tasks.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin