[lxc-users] Container starts on incorrect runlevel

Davide Baldini baldiniebaldini at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 12:28:45 UTC 2015

Hello,

when my container starts (lxc-start) it defaults to runlevel "S" and runs the
scripts in /etc/rcS.d/; instead I need it to start on runlevel "2", but I can't
figure out how.

This container is made of a Debian 7 root tree taken as-is from an existing
OpenVZ VE, in a porting attempt. The container's root tree, initially created by
a template script, has been replaced with my existing OpenVZ tree. Every lxc
configuration file on the whole system is default.

Host:
     Linux 4.1.1,
     lxc 1.1.4
     Debian 7