[lxc-users] iptables and communication logs

Király, István laking at d250.hu
Tue Oct 6 22:37:00 UTC 2015

Hello list, ..

I have a problem where I need to track outgoing connections - in this case,
to destination port 25 - from containers, that use the standard libvirt
network driver. (Fedora 21)

iptables is running on the host and on a test container,
I can track outgoing connection on the host with:

iptables -I OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 25 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j LOG
--log-prefix "IPTABLES_LOG"

.. but this command doesn't seem to work on the containers.
Actually the container logs are a bit like a misery to me. It reports as
the container kernel, but it seems to contain log-elements from the host.

Any lxc / iptables expert that could point me to the right direction?

Thank you, ...
--
 Király István
+36 209 753 758