[lxc-users] LXC 1.1.3 update blocks container startup.

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Mon Oct 5 18:22:10 UTC 2015

Greetings, Serge Hallyn!

> Quoting Andrey Repin (anrdaemon at yandex.ru):
>> Greetings, Serge Hallyn!

>> > D'oh, so was the aa-status output from 1.1.3 too?
>>
>> No, that was with 1.1.2 active.
>> If it is essential to get status from 1.1.3 installed, I can arrange it, but
>> I'll need to schedule a maintenance window.

> Well hold on.  Is this trusty?  Can you show the contents of any
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* and /etc/apt/sources.list?  I'll try on a
> vm with all the same stuff enabled before you do that.

It is Precise (12.04) running Trusty kernel (linux-generic-lts-trusty)
Now, that you've said it. I probably have screwed something.
The two "backports" repos shouldn't be there. I think. I'm now trying to get
rid of them and reinstall whatever I've pulled from them.

$  grep -v "^#" /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ru.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise main restricted
deb http://ru.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-updates main restricted
deb http://ru.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise universe
deb http://ru.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-updates universe
deb http://ru.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise multiverse
deb http://ru.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-updates multiverse
deb http://ru.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security main restricted
deb http://ru.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security universe
deb http://ru.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security multiverse

$  grep -v "^#" /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.list

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/9v-shaun-42-samba4-precise.list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/9v-shaun-42/samba4/ubuntu precise main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/9v-shaun-42/samba4/ubuntu precise main

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-backports.list
deb http://mirror.yandex.ru/debian-backports/ squeeze-backports main non-free

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu-backports.list
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu trusty-backports main restricted universe multiverse

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu-lxc-stable-precise.list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-lxc/stable/ubuntu precise main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-lxc/stable/ubuntu precise main

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/webmin.list
deb http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge contrib