[lxc-users] LXC 1.1.3 update blocks container startup.

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Oct 5 12:52:39 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 5:01 PM, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex.ru> wrote:
> # dpkg --list \*lxc\* \*apparmor\*
> | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
> |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name               Version            Description
> +++-==================-==================-====================================================
> ii  apparmor           2.7.102-0ubuntu3.1 User-space parser utility for AppArmor

Is this ubuntu precise?

I had some intermittent problems with ubuntu precise containers
(different one from yours though, my containers would sometime hand
during startup with "Give root password for maintenance"), and ended
upgrading both the host and and the container to trusty. Never had the
problem again since. Might not be a feasible solution for you, but at
least it's something to think about.

Anyway, http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=apparmor says
latest apparmor is on 2.7.102-0ubuntu3.10, so you might want to
upgrade (or was it just output trucation issue, and you're already
running 2.7.102-0ubuntu3.10?)

> ii  liblxc1            1.1.2-0ubuntu3~ubu Linux Containers userspace tools (library)
> ii  lxc                1.1.2-0ubuntu3~ubu Linux Containers userspace tools

What lxc version did you say you were using?

You said "why 1.1.2 start fine", so I had thought you were using
1.1.3. Yet those lines show you're still using 1.1.2. If 1.1.2 works
fine, then what version are you having problems with?

> ii  lxc-templates      1.1.3-0ubuntu1~ubu Linux Containers userspace tools (templates)

... and that one has a different version all by itself.

> ii  lxcfs              0.10-0ubuntu1~ubun FUSE based filesystem for LXC

If you use ppa:ubuntu-lxc/lxc-stable, the simplest "fix" would
probably be to run "apt-get upgrade" (which should upgrade everything,
including lxc to 1.1.3), verify that packages are up to date
(including cgmanager, which should be on 0.37), and then reboot.

--
Fajar