[lxc-users] lxcbr0 Always 10.0.3.1

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Oct 2 22:29:57 UTC 2015

You're not using lxcbr0 for its intended purposes.

If you've used vmware/virtualbox before, lxcbr0 is similar to that of
NAT networking. It's an automated setup (with the help of dnsmasq and
iptables) to facilitate guest/vm/container to be able to share the
hosts's internet access, but not intended for outside world to access
the containers.

Since it looks like you want your containers to be part of your LAN
directly (without NAT), create your own bridge (e.g. br0). Then set
your containers to use that bridge instead of lxcbr0 (i.e. by editing
the container's config and /etc/lxc/default.conf).

--
Fajar