[lxc-users] Semi unprivileged containers

MonkZ i at monkz.de
Sun Nov 22 14:30:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

I try to replicate the commands and results of this HowTo:

http://crashcourse.housegordon.org/LXC-semi-unprivileged-containers.html

I'm on Ubuntu 15.10 (LXC 1.1.4) and want to create a semi unprivileged
container also with Ubuntu 15.10 amd64 (via download).

Instead of using 2 users on the host i want to try to assign just a
range of uids/gids.
Starting as root but running mapped to an other user.

# cat /etc/sub*
lxc-ldap01:100000:65536
lxc-ldap01:100000:65536

Added following lines to containers config and chowned the rootfs to
lxc-ldap01.

lxc.id_map = u 0 100000 65536
lxc.id_map = g 0 100000 65536

But it seems it fails during uid/gid mapping:
Logfile here: http://ix.io/mpu

Is the Howto simply outdated / my LXC-version not fitting or is there a
other problem with my setup?

Greetings
MonkZ