[lxc-users] Ownership changes after container move

Jamie Brown Jamie.Brown at mpec.co.uk
Tue Nov 10 09:10:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

I’ve discovered that some file ownership changes have occurred after moving stopped containers between hosts.

Prior to the move there were various user directories (e.g. “/home/jamie”) with ownership set to jamie:jamie. After moving, the ownership was changed to ubuntu:ubuntu.

I discovered the issue when attempting to SSH to the moved host and was prompted to enter my password as I no longer owned my authorized_keys file.

I will try to repeat this, but I can confirm it has happened on multiple containers.

— Jamie