[lxc-users] Question about LXD

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 9 22:13:12 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 11:05:26PM +0100, Bostjan Skufca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> if one wants to have container host cluster with HA feature (restarting
> containers on non-failed hosts), is this something that is planned for LXD,
> or is going the OpenStack route the way to go for the foreseeable future?
> Am I missing some other already existing product (Proxmox I know of)?
>
> Tnx,
> b.
>
> PS: I liked your recent presentation/demo, Stephane :)

Hi,

We don't have it on our roadmap right now, but it's something we've
thought about a bit and which shouldn't be terribly difficult to
implement in the future.

The very rough idea so far is that there would be a property on the
container, setting what host the container must be mirrored with. If not
on shared storage, LXD would then do frequent snapshots and send those
across, if CRIU is enabled, the container runtime state could also be
synced.

Our focus right now is on stability and releasing a long term support
release of LXD with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer