[lxc-users] LXD online

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 3 00:53:56 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 07:38:18PM -0500, Luis Michael Ibarra wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just noticed you could try LXD online[1], and it works surprisingly well.
>
> Right now you only permit 50 containers, but what happens if I install lxd
> inside a container and try to create as many as I want? (get banned asume).
>
> Nice work.
>
> [1]https://linuxcontainers.org/lxd/try-it

No, you're free to create as many containers as you want within your
demo session.

We obviously have CPU, memory and disk quotas in place which you'll hit
pretty quickly, triggering an OOM kill of processes inside your session
though.

I'll update the website to say "sessions" rather than "containers" when
talking about the limit, it should make things a bit clearer.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer