[lxc-users] What is the best way to report bug issues with LXD rest server?

Kevin LaTona lists at studiosola.com
Thu May 28 20:15:03 UTC 2015

After chasing down all kind of SSL errors coming from every which way and as it turns out for the most part not from the LDX server .

This shift to using TLSv1.2 in LDX server is a big deal at the OS level on older machines.

Save yourself loads of time and run ( openssl version ) in terminal.

If it's lower than OpenSSL 1.0.1f 6 ( Jan 2014 )  best visit OpenSSL.org to verify what verision you have running will work or not.

For Mac users on the list I ended using Brew and installed a new version of  Python 2.7.9 with OpenSSL 1.0.2a 19 (Mar 2015) embedded within Python.

From all I read don't mess with the OpenSSL binary that Apple installed…. Just leave it be.

Also Mac users the LXD client.crt needs to be installed in your key chain… double click the crt and verify you trust the items you want in the popups.

Finally  make sure you run a  (  lxc config trust add ~/.config/lxc/client.crt  )  on the server.

Thanks to all who jumped in here to lend me a hand as in a nutshell when SSL goes sideways it's one huge PITA to fix.

-Kevin