[lxc-users] Systemd inside lxc

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu May 28 04:23:48 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 5:11 AM, SIVA SUBRAMANIAN.P <psiva87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm compiling lxc in linux using yocto, how can I add systemd support to the
> lxc containers.

Short version: you need up-to-date systemd on the container and
up-to-date lxc on the host (preferably 1.1.2, with lxcfs installed as
well). Also note that it currently only works fine for privileged
containers (the default when containers are created by root).

For the host, the easiest way is to use ubuntu 14.04 +
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-lxc/+archive/ubuntu/lxc-stable

For the containers:
- if you use ubuntu vivid containers, it should just work.
- if you use centos 7 containers, you can either compile your own
systemd (latest at 220) or use my packages (built from 219):
https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-users/2015-March/008658.html
- if you use other distro/versions, try compiling systemd 220.

--
Fajar