[lxc-users] What is the best way to report bug issues with LXD rest server?

Kevin LaTona lists at studiosola.com
Tue May 26 02:38:12 UTC 2015

On May 25, 2015, at 12:16 PM, Kevin LaTona <lists at studiosola.com> wrote:

> The simplest way I found so far to connect from a Mac running 10.8.5 to the LDX 0.9 rest server is using a Python Subprocess call via SSH into the host machine which runs a Curl call to the LXD server which then returns the JSON/Dict object.
>
> While it sounds like a round about way to get there, it's the only way I have found so far to bypass the surrounding issue of getting TLS1_2 to run on OS X  10.8.5 and or Python 2.7.9.

Well that was one really short lived idea.

Making those ssh based subprocess calls to the host is just not cutting it from me after all, even if it does work the overhead cost to do them kind of kills the idea for all but simple use.

I was really wanting to stick by and use the LXD Rest server and not have to re-invent the wheel here.

Guess it's not going to happen, so instead I've decided to create a Python based Tornado Rest server running on the host and calling the LXD Cli calls.

This way I can back the SSL library down from the TLS1_2 idea. I guess some need that level of security, for now I can live without it.

Plus Tornado opens up some other areas to look at doing some container management like ideas.

So this may turn out better over the long haul until LXD matures and becomes a bit more solid.

> If there is any Python users on this list using the Requests module and has it working with both TLS1_2 and the LXD rest server, please share your process.

Again if there is any Pythonista on this LXC mailing list who has been able to get TLS1_2 wrapped and working with Requests.

It would really be great if you could share a blog link or even a bit code as it's one messy thing to get all those parts working.

So in the end LXD rest server is working, but sure is one tough nut to crack right now… hopefully some of these TLS like setup issues will smooth out over time.

-Kevin