[lxc-users] What is the best way to report bug issues with LXD rest server?

Kevin LaTona lists at studiosola.com
Sat May 23 18:43:29 UTC 2015

I am still sorting out issues with OS X SSL certs OS things.

In between that I just ran a test from a LXC container running on my local Vivid host.

Earlier today I re-ran the  lxc remote add lxc-org images.linuxcontainers.org call replacing all files  at /root/.config/lxc  with new in case something there was not in step or bad.

Next I rebooted server and fired up a new container ran a call against the host LXD server and I still am getting errors.

root at c5:~# curl -v -k https://192.168.0.50:8443/1.0/images

* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
*   Trying 192.168.0.50...
* Connected to 192.168.0.50 (192.168.0.50) port 8443 (#0)
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
*   CAfile: none
  CApath: /etc/ssl/certs
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, CERT (11):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server key exchange (12):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Request CERT (13):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server finished (14):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, CERT (11):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client key exchange (16):
* SSLv3, TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Finished (20):
* SSLv3, TLS alert, Server hello (2):
* error:14094412:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert bad certificate
* Closing connection 0

curl: (35) error:14094412:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert bad certificate
root at c5:~#

Ran another call against

curl -k https://images.linuxcontainers.org/1.0/images

from this container and it's working fine.

From the curl error message I assuming that the LXD image server is sending out bad certs for servers to use and work from or ????

The version and setup of curl used for test.

root at c5:~# curl -V
curl 7.35.0 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.35.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1f zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.28 librtmp/2.3
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtmp rtsp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP

Any one have any thoughts on how to get to next step?

-Kevin