[lxc-users] What is the best way to report bug issues with LXD rest server?

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood at gmail.com
Sat May 23 07:52:21 UTC 2015

On 23 May 2015 06:53:24 BST, Kevin LaTona <lists at studiosola.com> wrote:

>I did a quick upgrade of curl to 7.42.1
>
>Now when I try it
>
>/usr/local/Cellar/curl/7.42.1/bin/curl -s --cert server.crt --key
>server.key -k https://192.168.0.50:8443/1.0/images
>
>I know I don't want to mess with Apple's install of Curl for now.
>

>I get ………… curl: (35) SSL peer handshake failed, the server most likely
>requires a client certificate to connect
>
>So maybe I am getting closer and some thing is off with the cert I just
>made.
>

>Would be nice to know what version of LDX is running at
>linuxcontainers.org

Quote from Tycho in a previous response in this thread:
>Yes, images.linuxcontainers.org is not a real LXD server, it just
implements parts of the rest API (the public bits).

I know a bit about TLS/SSL, but I've done no LXD rest calls, so I could be way off below! :-)

I think the problem you are seeing is the difference between a trusted cert (linuxcontainers.org) and a self-signed cert (your server).

It looks like you passed the server certificate above when it was expecting a client one.

Neil