[lxc-users] add device unix-char not yet implemented?

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Fri May 22 00:54:52 UTC 2015

Quoting Janjaap Bos (janjaapbos at gmail.com):
> Hi,
>
> I have problems adding a /dev/net/tun device to the container.
>
> It appears that the unix-char device is not yet supported for the command:
> lxc config device add ...
>
> Is that right? Or should I do something else?

D'oh, yeah, you can add it to the configuration, but when you try
to start the container you'll see

	case "unix-char":
		return nil, fmt.Errorf("Not implemented")

I'm actually not sure what the best thing to do here is.  lxd
doesn't mount the rootfs itself, so if it's say a lvm block device
we can't just mknod the device in there.  So perhaps lxd should
mknod the device under $lxcpath/$container/devices, then add a
lxc.mount.entry line to the (ephemeral) container configuration.

Patches welcome :)