[lxc-users] lxd git master - lxc stop hangs for 15.04 guest in 14.04 host

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu May 21 06:10:16 UTC 2015

Hello Stéphane,

Stéphane Graber [2015-05-20 18:12 -0400]:
> Last I checked, the problem was that systemd in 15.04 doesn't respond to
> SIGPWR the same way upstart did.
>
> Martin (Cced) was looking into fixing that a few weeks ago.

Pretty please file bugs for this. We need them for proper tracking,
SRUing, etc. I filed (another) one for you now, at

  https://launchpad.net/bug/1457321

It is wrong for init to respond to SIGPWR in the general case, but we
can do this for containers only where it is reasonably safe (running
nut or similar in a container doesn't sound like an important use
case). Further details are in the bug report.

Martin