[lxc-users] Getting the LXD rest api to play nice?

Kevin LaTona lists at studiosola.com
Wed May 20 19:13:49 UTC 2015

On May 20, 2015, at 11:56 AM, Tycho Andersen <tycho.andersen at canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 09:59:33AM -0700, Kevin LaTona wrote:
>> New twist I would of assumed that using a browser would get some kind of response from LXD rest server.
>>
>> Safari would not connect.
>>
>> Mozilla's Firefox did not like the self sign cert and made me approve it, which I need.
>>
>> Then when I tried to hit LXD rest server  and I got this error message back
>>
>> An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.0.50:8443. SSL peer cannot verify your certificate. (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_alert)
>>
>>    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
>>    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
>>

>> Which seems to be in keeping with all the other issues I have been having going direct in user other methods.
>>

>> Which leads me back is any one getting in to the LXD rest server?
>>
>> If so, how are you doing it?
>>

>> As it seems to me like the SSL cert for the LXD rest server is having issues right now.
>
> The SSL cert LXD uses is generated and not signed by any CA, so your
> browser won't respect it (of course, you can click past all the auth
> warnings in your browser and actually do a GET if you want).

Tycho,

I did accept the self-signed cert in Firefox as Mozilla makes that a simple process to do.

Firefox got the above error when trying to hit.

At this point there is no reason for user auth, as I understand the docs is some kind of data is sent back without the whole user + password handshake dance.

What I am looking for is does any one have this LXD rest server running out in the wild?

I've tried about every way I know to resolve this issue.

I would of thought going to a browser would been the great equalizer ot at least got some kind of a response.

If one can not log into a local running instance of LXD server using a browser even when it say it's running.

Something is up and not working is my best guess.

No idea how to resolve it at this moment.

-Kevin