[lxc-users] Getting the LXD rest api to play nice?

Kevin LaTona lists at studiosola.com
Wed May 20 01:08:20 UTC 2015

In my case both Python 2.7 and 3.4 are using OpenSSL 0.9.8y 5 Feb 2013.

I'll need into seeing if and how I can change that without creating some new OSX problem.

On May 19, 2015, at 5:28 PM, Tycho Andersen <tycho.andersen at canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 04:04:11PM -0700, Kevin LaTona wrote:
>>
>> Here is the last bits of test….. best I know from requests docs this should work to get some kind of a response.
>>
>> So far no matter how I try to connect to my LDX rest server I can't get past a ping… so at least it's running at some level is a start.
>>

>> Any thoughts or ideas much appreciated from anyone.
>>

>> import requests
>>
>> # r = requests.get('https://192.168.0.50:8443/')
>> # requests.exceptions.SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:503: error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version
>>
>> # r = requests.get('https://192.168.0.50:8443/1.0/', verify=True)
>> # requests.exceptions.SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:503: error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version
>>

>> # r = requests.get('https://192.168.0.50:8443/1.0/',verify=False)
>> # requests.exceptions.SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:503: error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version
>
> LXD requires TLS 1.2, it looks like perhaps the build of ssl your
> python-requests is linked against doesn't provide it.

I actually found buried on a docker bug report an issue along these lines where Python 2.7 and Python3 where using two different OpenSSL on same user's machine.

But so far no post I've seen has tied any of the SSL realted calls issues to a certain version of SSL maybe that is what has been going on most of the times.

Is there no way for LXD to test client connection and tell user it's not at same SSL version allowed?

Thanks
-Kevin