[lxc-users] local lxc commands stuck

Tim Penhey tim.penhey at canonical.com
Fri May 15 03:43:40 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I was messing around with lxd/lxc the other day, and seem to have wedged
my system somewhat.

Going blindly from documentation in a blog post, I did the following:

$ lxc launch images:ubuntu/trusty/amd64 trusty-lxd-test
Creating container...done
Starting container...error: setting config item for the container failed

After seeing the error, I tried with sudo:

$ sudo lxc launch images:ubuntu/trusty/amd64 trusty-lxd-test
Creating container...error: Container exists

I then went looking for the list:

$ sudo lxc list
error: setting config item for the container failed

I get the same error without the sudo on the 'lxc list'

I can see the container directory in /var/lib/lxd/lxc, but not sure why
the lxc command has gotten itself into this state.

Q) Should the default install be able to create unprivileged containers?

Q) How can I fix my local lxc command so it doesn't error?

Cheers,
Tim