[lxc-users] Assigning IPv6 to a container + lxc-net config question

Robert Pendell shinji at elite-systems.org
Fri May 15 02:55:43 UTC 2015

Thanks for the info.  I ended up going a bit of a different route.
Since I was planning to manually assign I didn't need radvd or to
proxy ndp or even neighbor proxy.  I just assigned an ipv6 to the
lxcbr0 interface then setup ipv6 in the container with the gateway
pointing at the lxcbr0 ipv6 address.  Oh and of course forwarding was
enabled.

Anyways I still have my other question unanswered.

What's the best way to add parameters to lxcbr0 like additional ips.

I essentially need to do this somehow at boot time but I don't see a
way to do this easily without just creating the interface manually in
the network config
sudo ip -6 addr add 2600:xxxx:xxxx:4b:0:0:xxxx:1/112 dev lxcbr0
sudo ip route add to aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd dev lxcbr0
Robert Pendell
shinji at elite-systems.org
A perfect world is one of chaos.
Keybase: http://keybase.io/shinji257