[lxc-users] monitoring containers using lxc-info (without being root)

Harald Dunkel harri at afaics.de
Tue May 12 05:06:33 UTC 2015

On 05/11/15 20:35, Stéphane Graber wrote:

> lxc-info -c doesn't read the container configuration, instead it
> connects to the container's command socket and asks the container what's
> the running configuration.
>
> That means that you need to run lxc-info as the same user which started
> the container for it to be able to contact the command socket.

Understood, but I cannot run all my containers as "zabbix" or "nagios"
user just for monitoring. sudo would be an option, but I wonder if the
socket could be created with a "lxc" group permission and to add the
monitoring account to this group? Maybe a second "read-only" socket to
obtain information from the container (without the "control" part) could
do the trick?

Just a suggestion, of course. Keep on your good work.

Regards
Harri