[lxc-users] problems or only warning (!?) with lxc-clone

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Thu May 7 19:36:49 UTC 2015

Quoting Yonsy Solis (yonsy.s.p at gmail.com):
> Hi
>
> i create a base container with the minimal needed for works: zsh,
> oh-my-zsh, updated Ubuntu 14.04.2 packages, user with admin/sudo
> rights, bye root ssh logins, ssh only by certificate, no ssh
> passwords, cleaned apt archives, cleaned logs, etc a little paranoid
> in security.
>
> for new containers i clone all from this base container, and I get
> ===
> host15 :: ~ » lxc-clone -s baseserver testserver
> newgidmap: gid range [100000-100001) -> [200000-200001) not allowed

You're trying to map 200000 on the host to 100000 in the container,
but you're not allowed by /etc/subgid to use 200000 on the host.

I suspect you have something like

lxc.id_map = g 100000 200000 1

when you want maybe

lxc.id_map = g 0 100000 1

Guess it depends on exactly what you are trying to do - do you want
uid 0 in the container to be uid 100000 on the host?