[lxc-users] no network in vivid image? - addendum

david.andel at bli.uzh.ch david.andel at bli.uzh.ch
Wed May 6 08:01:16 UTC 2015

Thanks Fajar for the suggestions.
I am going to stick to vivid + upstart unprivileged for now and upgrade to wily as soon as it will be out.

Even though this is for production, I don't need feature/syntax stability right now since we are just starting out. Also, Trusty does not seem to have everything quite ready for running a container based environment so quite some PPAs and patching would be required.
After more than 10 years of preferring Debian over any other distribution I have chosen Ubuntu Server for the business solely for its leading LXC environment.
I think we may settle for the next LTS next year if we grow enough until then.
As long as there are not many constraints on feature updates  due to customizations I don't see any reason not to go with the short term support releases.
And that again is one of the reasons I want to use a container based infrastructure: so I can run different releases/distributions for different tasks without conflicts.

David