[lxc-users] Trying out migration, getting "error: checkpoint failed"

Giles Thomas giles at pythonanywhere.com
Tue May 5 13:18:23 UTC 2015

Hi Tycho,

Thanks for the reply!

On 04/05/15 14:15, Tycho Andersen wrote:
> What versions of criu and liblxc do you have installed? Can you look
> in /var/lib/lxd/lxc/<container>/lxc.log (or
> /var/log/lxd/<container>/lxc.log; there was a bug fixed recently that
> moved it to the latter location).

Heh, I hadn't realised that criu wasn't automatically installed as a
dependency for lxd (might be worth adding to the blog post?), so I
didn't have it installed at all.

However, installing it doesn't fix the problem.  I currently have criu
1.4-1~ubuntu14.04.1~ppa1 and liblxc1
1.1.2+master~20150428-0938-0ubuntu1~trusty.   The former was installed
just with an apt-get install criu, and the latter via following your
blog post pretty much robotically...

/var/log/lxd/migratee/lxc.log is present, but empty.

All the best,

Giles

--
Giles Thomas <giles at pythonanywhere.com>

PythonAnywhere: Develop and host Python from your browser
<https://www.pythonanywhere.com/>

A product from PythonAnywhere LLP
17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number OC378414.
Registered address: 28 Ely Place, 3rd Floor, London EC1N 6TD, UK