[lxc-users] Detailed LXD documentation?

Ozan Hazer ozanhazer at gmail.com
Tue May 5 08:02:28 UTC 2015

Hi... I'm setting up a new server and decided to use LXD for LXC management
but I'm not sure if it's too early for that...
The OS is ubuntu 15.04 and I don't have LXC experience, I just read some...

I created a container with this:

lxd-images import lxc ubuntu trusty amd64 --alias ubuntu
lxc launch ubuntu atlassian

I'd expect to see /var/lib/lxc/atlassian but the /var/lib/lxc directory is
empty.
I also can see the container running if I run lxc list:

+-----------+---------+------------+------+-----------+
|   NAME    |  STATE  |    IPV4    | IPV6 | EPHEMERAL |
+-----------+---------+------------+------+-----------+
| atlassian | RUNNING | 10.0.3.148 |      | NO        |
+-----------+---------+------------+------+-----------+

however lxc-ls doesn't print out anything.

Am I doing smt. wrong or missing some point? Also I'd be glad if you could
point me to some useful documentation about this...

What I'm trying to do is to run Jira installer inside a container. I tried

lxc file push atlassian-jira-6.4.3-x64.bin
atlassian/tmp/atlassian-jira-6.4.3-x64.bin
lxc exec atlassian /atlassian-jira-6.4.3-x64.bin

Obviously it complained about permissions, tried to give exec permissions
without luck. I created the container with root, is this some apparmor
thing or other security counter measures?

Thanks in advance,
M.Ozan Hazer