[lxc-users] Trying out migration, getting "error: checkpoint failed"

Giles Thomas giles at pythonanywhere.com
Fri May 1 17:03:59 UTC 2015

Hi there,

I've been taking a look at LXD and the migration feature sounds really
cool, but unfortunately I can't get it to work.  I'm following Tycho
Andersen's blog post at
<http://tycho.ws/blog/2015/04/lxd-live-migration.html>, and when I run

     lxc move lxd:migratee lxd2:migratee

I get the error

     error: checkpoint failed

OS is Ubuntu Trusty 64-bit, running on Amazon EC2:

     # uname -a
     Linux ip-10-139-6-38 3.13.0-45-generic #74-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 13
19:36:28 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
     # lsb_release -a
     No LSB modules are available.
     Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
     Release:    14.04
     Codename:    trusty

There's no migration log in /var/log/lxd/migratee/, just an empty
lxc.log.  Nothing being written to syslog.

Any advice on tracking down what going wrong would be much appreciated!

All the best,

Giles

--
Giles Thomas <giles at pythonanywhere.com>

PythonAnywhere: Develop and host Python from your browser
<https://www.pythonanywhere.com/>

A product from PythonAnywhere LLP
17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number OC378414.
Registered address: 28 Ely Place, 3rd Floor, London EC1N 6TD, UK