[lxc-users] cgmanager: Could not get password database information for UID of current process

Christian Brauner christianvanbrauner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 06:52:44 UTC 2015

When I follow the journal output of systemd with
    journalctl -f
I see an endless stream of warnings thrown by cgmanager. They are all
the same and state:

    cgmanager[324]: Could not get password database information for UID
    of current process: User "???" unknown or no memory to allocate
    password entry

Everything on my system is working fine as far as I can see. I'm using
Archlinux with Kernel 3.19.3 compiled from source. Is this caused by
dbus and cgmanager communication? My shadow version is 4.2.1-3. My
cgroups are created manually with

    sudo cgm create all $USER
    sudo cgm chown all chb $(id -u) $(id -g)
    cgm movepid all chb $$

Any ideas what this is caused by and how it can be stopped?

Best,
Christian