[lxc-users] live migration using lxd 0.4

KATOH Yasufumi karma at jazz.email.ne.jp
Thu Mar 26 07:52:17 UTC 2015

>>> On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 08:34:36 -0600
    in message   "Re: [lxc-users] live migration using lxd 0.4"
                  Tycho Andersen-san wrote:

> Sorry about that. This was a bug that I inadvertently introduce just
> before 0.4 was released. It is fixed by
> 141734d852b9ffb34eca10366e96d57c93ff23e8, which went in shortly after
> 0.4 was tagged, and will be in 0.5 due to be released today.

Thank you for your reply! I'm trying to do live migration using 0.5
now :-) But I have not succeeded yet. (^^;)

| 2015/03/26 16:41:59 operation %!s(func()
|  shared.OperationResult=0x4c5d20) finished: { checkpoint failed}

> You'll also find that you need some other stuff to do live migration
> (not documented anywhere, unfortunately):

> 1. you can't use lxcfs (or any other fuse fs)

I stopped lxcfs.

> 2. only non-uidmapped containers work (you can do this in lxd by just
>    setting the uidmap for lxd to be 0-65536, or by setting the uidmap
>    in the container's raw.lxc config)

I have a question. What does non-uidmapped container means? Should I
configure "security.privileged true"? Would you please tell me the way
to configure it specifically?

> 3. you can't be using systemd on the host

I use busybox and ubuntu container. :)

> 4. probably some others that I've forgotten about at the moment :)

> Thanks for trying the code though! I'll hopefully be sending out fixes
> for some of this stuff in the coming weeks. Let me know if you have
> any problems and I can try and give you workarounds.

> Tycho

Thanks,
KATOH Yasufumi